help clarify the tax position on my minuscule .......

mint

local authority pension, svp.

A bagatelle of a pension from Dorset County Council coming into effect from last year, so this is the very first time I am entering this sort of income.

So, just to help me avoid any mistakes and indeed to compound the mistakes year on year, please tell me if I shall be doing the right thing:

enter the pension in the usual 1BS lumped togther with my state pension and then enter the gross amount of the LA pension in  Box 8TK?

Will that be my "get out of jail" card?

[quote user="sweet 17"]local authority pension, svp.

A bagatelle of a pension from Dorset County Council coming into effect from last year, so this is the very first time I am entering this sort of income.

So, just to help me avoid any mistakes and indeed to compound the mistakes year on year, please tell me if I shall be doing the right thing:

enter the pension in the usual 1BS lumped togther with my state pension and then enter the gross amount of the LA pension in  Box 8TK?

Will that be my "get out of jail" card?

[/quote]

Hi,

That's correct , but also enter on page 1 of 2047 (lumped with other pensions) and LA pension gross at page 4 sec VI.

[quote user="parsnips"]

Hi,

That's correct , but also enter on page 1 of 2047 (lumped with other pensions) and LA pension gross at page 4 sec VI.

[/quote]

Thank you very much, Parsnips.

I can now finish off the forms tomorrow.

Say "hello" to Mrs P for me, svp.