anyone living near Confolens

Hi

Was wondering if anyone on here is living in the Confolens area? We are moving out in April and would like to get in touch with others in the area . We are bringing our 2 little dogs with us, and will be looking for nice walks in the area, we visited the lakes last time we were over but noticed we could only take them on the beach there out of season, is that correct? The river is beautiful at Confolens so lots of walks there too. Are there any social activities going on in the area ?  Hubby will be working away sometimes, so the sooner I meet new "friends" the better. I was thinking once we get settled in to our new house, that I would invite our French neighbours round but our French isn't great yet (we are having lessons).  Any tips you can give will be very welcome.

We are going to be about 15 mins from Confolens in a small village and as far as I am aware there isn't any other English living there, or if there are there isn't many. That isn't a problem to us as we want to get to know our locals and the ones we have met in the village restaurant when we visited were very friendly even offering us to try their dinner!! So hopefully all will be well.