Aerial photographs

Go to http://www.ign.fr click on the e- boutique then photographies aerienne, write in the name of your commune and take your pick. We got a cdrom of our commune and were able to zoom in on our property and print off our personalised aerial view. Looking at the website again just now I noticed that they did the area again last year so we'll have to buy another with our nice new swimming pool on it

I had a look too. But it seems that you have to pay out to see the actual photo: that is 40€+ for a photo on paper or 70€ for a TIFF file of it - I would like to see it first just to make sure it's worth it but I suppose if they displayed it on screen you could right-click and save it from there!

"Can anyone help? I got to the site, put in our commune
name up comes the page but picture does not appear, I have tried different years but still nothing."

Have just tried it from work with a 2mb leased line and takes a while to load a Java applett, but then it brings up a map, you choose the section you want, then you get a list to choose how you want the picture, paper or CD then it goes to another page for payment.  The CD version was around 76 euro.  Largest printed picture 200+

I'm back! Finally been sent my new password, hurrah!

I got an aerial photo for our maison-to-be free on www.mappy.com. In 'map' enter you address. Then when the street map comes up, on the top left click on 'aerial photos'. You have to ender your address again. Not sure how detailed you want it to be but we were very excited to be able to locate our future 100m2 of France! Hope it works for you...

• 3 weeks later...

I have just checked out our commune 50480, it shows there is a photo available for 2002 but when I click on it, it just shows a map with a coloured line around the commume.  Is this correct or should it be showing a very small image of the photo on offer.

Thanks

Diana