is moving to France that bad a deal.

Sandie, Good Luck love, the advice you have is all valuable, although everyone is an expert here, changing a life at any time is difficult but we have done it and came with no French, very little money and lots of rose coloured dreams, but we did keep a property in Britain as a bolt hole, it is a one bedroom flat we currently rent out, so if you do join us, consider if you can do the same, and enjoy! life is to short to stuff mushrooms as Shirley Conran once said we have no regrets, no long term plans just living a life.

[quote]Hi Everyone..i am a Newbie....every page i find on France..like moving to france people say is a bad move..i have lots of animals and am retiring this year but my hubbie will want to work..Is France t...[/quote]

If your husband can speak french and if he has a trade like a builder it will make it a lot easier and he will make a good living for the brits that want work doing!

andy

Hello and welcome to the forum

We moved here 3 years ago, with 2 house rabbits, 1 puppy I was 6 months pregnant and along with the furniture we also had an aeroplane to bring down! Such fun!

This forum was very helpful in asking questions. Most of the guys and gals on here are great and full of usefull (and useless ) information.

The only thing I can think of is like the others have said, about work. If you intend to retire make sure you have the means to do so.

If like hundreds of others you intend to have a gite/s make sure you do your homework, the market is getting pretty swamped with them and you may not get a good rental to  provide you with a good living.

I also agree with learning some French before you arrive. We didn't!! But we are now getting on well, also enroll in lessons as soon as you arrive, also a great way to meet people.

Join in with  your community, we have been so welcomed in our village and try to attend village fetes etc.

Contact DEFRA now, to find out what you need for each animal, as this can be lengthy, also contact travel operators to check the will ship the animals you wish to move here and how much. We were told by P and O that they would not allow our 2 house rabbits to go on the ferry as and old sea mans tale says its bad luck to carry a rabbit, this argument ent on for months, however, some kind man from this forum rang for me and found that if I spoke to the right people we could bring them!!

We had an easy journey down with the animals after all the initial hassle.

Research everything, every question, on this and other forurms, by the mag and the french news also.

On the last note Good luck and congratulations on making a great choice.

Bonne Chance!

Vicky