Surplus Prisons ! This has to be the answer

Frederick

I read that France has a number of surplus Prisons up for sale......... along with no longer required institutions for the cell incarceration of the insane ..... I read that the UK has run out of prison cells and at £400 a night cost to the tax payer we are keeping UK prisoners in Police Station cells ...... France is missing out here ..... what an opportunity to take for profit the overspill from the UK prison population .......It would not cost a lot to bus them over ...it would give employment to the French as  prison staff and employment to support industries.........and .......   lets face it  if you were fed on moules and frites or steak burger and frites  followed by a choice of chocolate whip ....apple tart. or creme caramel . and given a baguette and jam for breakfast every day  for a year or two  and  three or four channels of French TV to watch in the cell .......who would want to commit a crime ever again ? .......... 

[quote user="Frederick"]......   lets face it  if you were fed on moules and frites or steak burger and frites  followed by a choice of chocolate whip ....apple tart. or creme caramel . and given a baguette and jam for breakfast every day  for a year or two  and  three or four channels of French TV to watch in the cell .......who would want to commit a crime ever again ? .......... [/quote]

Well the food might be quite an incentive to knock off a post office or two just to get back inside, but French TV should act as a pretty stiff deterrent. Have you seen the pile of poo on Star Ac this year? Even my children, who will normally watch anything that they are allowed, wearing expressions that suggest their brains are leaking out of their ears on occasion, have declined this season's offering.

Mind you, if the French health service can now make money by encouraging people to come over here and use the spare hospital beds then prison cells look like a logical next step. How in keeping with the new entrepreneurial spirit that would be...

[quote user="Frederick"]I read that France has a number of surplus Prisons up for sale......... along with no longer required institutions for the cell incarceration of the insane ..... I read that the UK has run out of prison cells and at £400 a night cost to the tax payer we are keeping UK prisoners in Police Station cells ...... France is missing out here ..... what an opportunity to take for profit the overspill from the UK prison population .......It would not cost a lot to bus them over ...it would give employment to the French as  prison staff and employment to support industries.........and .......   lets face it  if you were fed on moules and frites or steak burger and frites  followed by a choice of chocolate whip ....apple tart. or creme caramel . and given a baguette and jam for breakfast every day  for a year or two  and  three or four channels of French TV to watch in the cell .......who would want to commit a crime ever again ? .......... [/quote]

Hmmmm, but then if they did something about the immigrant population in prisons it would ease the situation. Britain is subsidising an immigrant prison population who should really be returned to whence they came.