A Singing Lemur

Furry Knickers

I am just after hearing a lovely song on the radiogram that was sung by a Lemur, it was entitled 'If there's any justice in the world'  and after hearing it, me and Josephine have decided to become naturists.  We were out in the garden earlier on and I put on me Val Doonican LP with the extended remixed version of Paddy McGinty's goat on it, and we were like 2 mad yokes going round clipping our bushes and watching the butterflies on the Laveteras and the bees on the orange blossoms, we dead headed the busy lizzies and fed the malvas.  Then we heard them David Bellamy Brothers singing 'Let Your Love Flow' and we just thought what a lovely voice them bearded lads have and what lovely things they sing about! "Let your love fly like a bird on the wing, and let your love bind you to all living things"  Then the Josephine one said "Them lads are naturists you know"  I said to her "Go way outta that ya quare whore"  Then she showed me a video of the eldest lad when he was on Tiswas, well I was amazed! We both decided we wanted to be like that too! So now we are both growing beards and becoming one with nature, and we feel grand about it.  I have decided to write a song about a Rhino with no horn, and his search for a doctor that can fit him with an artificial protestant horn made from local rubber reinforced with steel. It will be me 3rd rhino song since I started writing Rhino songs back in County Kildare! Me first one was inspired by Finoula Malone, she made a pass at me at the village dance in 1974, but I found out she was only interested in me for me stretched Gerbil! I went and wrote the very sad and sentimental song 'Rhinos and I knows'  It is based on the experiences I encountered on that fatefull night in Kildare. I was never to be the same again after that. I now turndown all women that are called 'Finoula' I have a fear of them, and this is now a recognised medical condition known as "Finoulatism" and is very common in the Emerald Isle.

Do any of you know of any other singing Lemurs?

[kiss]

Mr Nix, I'm glad the rubber factory is back in production.[:D]

Lemurs are pretty cool critters aren't they? They win territorial battles with pongy smells rather than grisly wounds!

Have you ever seen this jolly documentary about Lemurs? This is just part one of...many (all on Youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9_5UZtyK10&mode=related&search=

They make their way to the Singing Lemurs of Madagascar...honest!

Dear JayJay, I have just got offa the phone from Mrs Gupta, and she has explained to me that I am a  Naturalist and not a Naturist! Bejaney, I would never go round all nudey like that!  God, I feel a right ejit! I did once wear me pyjamas to the outdoor for a bag of Marmite crisps, and was reported to the Salvation Army. I shall never be able to wear them pyjamas again incase I get recognised. They were very distinctive in having a load of embroidered swans all over them. I looked at your lovely Lemur! I think he is one of those electric ones that you get now in some of the shops, they call them "Lemursapiens" they are very lifelike mind!

Dear Mrs Tresco, I have actually met George, the Lemur from Longleat that John Cleese became friends with! Did you see Lemur Island on the telly? I would love to live there! If I ever had to have a tail attached to meself, it would be a Lemurs tail, for it must surely be the most beautiful tail on any creature I have ever seen in the whole wild world! I wonder what tail other forum members would choose if they had to have one?

[kiss]

Dear Mrs Animal, That is such a cute little thing! Do you see his little self curling tail? I like your new avatar too! is it your own dog? Whats a Le Mur? That is an impressionistic self portait painting of John in me own avatar! it was painted by a French lad called Jean-Marc Boyer, he is very gifted as you can see.

Here are some lyrics from the lemur song that I heard today...."a cat wakes up and goes to town, he has to buy his wife a dressing gown, she's having his child, she's having his child" Have you heard it before? Poor Michael (me cousin) has opened a fish shop in Pluckerstown, but the council have made him close it as it is illegal in County Kildare to only allow fish into a shop and bar other creatures from using it. He is very upset as he had bought in thousands of pounds worth of garments designed for the more sophisticated fish.

[kiss]

Phew, I'm so glad you've cleared that up FK, I would have had a sleepless night otherwise, worrying about you catching a chill. Let alone what the Salvation Army would say. Wish I hadn't seen the bit about the Marmite crisps though........yum! As for your PJ's, just wear them with pride, they sound kind of special.[:D]

Sorry that it wasn't a real singing lemur, but it was the only one they had. Tresco made up for it though. [;-)]

I do love them pyjamas JayJay! They were made for me by an owl woman in Connemara, and it took her 4 years to fabricate the swans alone! She is still taking orders for hand knitted arran pyjamas, but is now not offering the swan embroidery due to having to fulfill 3 orders that will take her 8 years to finish, and she is now 93 years old, and wants to take things a bit easier. I do love marmite crisps! I went off them last year after Josephine told me that they used real Marmites to flavour them, and I would never eat anything that contained real creatures, especially little cute monkeys! They are the most beautiful little monkey, and so mischevious looking!

I have heard a lot about Champrepus, Mr Will, I shall go there during one of me summer visits to the little wooden house! I can't wait to be surrounded by the little gorgeous things, and I shall sing them a song that I wrote meself! It is entitled 'Leave Me Lemur Alone' and is based on a fictional story about a Lemur being hunted by a group of Leopards that are blaming him for setting fire to the local chip shop in Kenya.  He is of course innocent and proves that the fire was started by a Hyena after a drunken brawl with the chip shop owners wife.

I have just noticed a large cockchafer meandering about me weigelia, the cheek of that! Mind out of me way till I get him!

[kiss]