Tax declaration: 6I Charges déductibles

mint

What are these, svp?

CSG déductible connue, calculée sur les revenus du patrimoine.....any explanation would be immensely helpful.

Also, there is a figure already on the form and the request that "si le montant est inexact, corrigez case 6DE"

As I don't understand what the figure relates to, I am unable to say if it is "exact"[8-)]

Thank you

mint, if I have got it right I think it is a income tax credit worked out on the social charges you paid last year, the only allowance you get against these pesky social charges. How you know if it is correct I have no idea I am afraid. I guess it must be a percentage calculation.

Hope that you are going on alright.

It seems from the pre-filled amount on my return this year that one receives a reduction of taxable income equal to one third of the social charges one paid the previous year.

So if you paid 100€ SC last year you get a reduction of 33€, which is worth about 10€ if you are in the 30% tax band.

Don't spend it all at once!

Thank you, Grecian and NM.

"Don't spend it all at once"..............well then, do you think I should put it aside for a rainy day? Buy premium bonds with it?  Eke it out by carefully working out how many coffees, or packets of Doliprane, or hair cuts I could have out of the total sum?

Er.....any other suggestions, anyone, as to how best to spend such a windfall?[I]

Grecian, yes, hopefully now over the worst.  But, as the French say, tantot it is this thing, tantot the other thing and what I would say is, don't believe that cancer is the worst illness you could have.  IMHO, chronic bronchitis wins hands down for that dubious accolade.  Says one who has experienced both those things.

Hope you are happy and healthy again, Grecian, and drinking the green sludge like a good chap?

[quote user="mint"]

"Don't spend it all at once"..............  Eke it out by carefully working out how many coffees, or packets of Doliprane, or hair cuts I could have out of the total sum?[/quote]

I'm not privy to your ailments or your relationship with your medical practitioners and CPAM. If, however, your situation is designated as affection de longue durée (ALD) have your doctor prescribe Doliprane (or a generic equivalent) with your medical prescriptions. The price mark-up on paracetomol here in France is completely out of all proportion.

Good advice, cajal, I do get it on prescription but, when it runs out, I just buy it over the counter.

However, I only meant the question as a jokey one and I was hoping you would come out with some outrageous suggestion that would give me a bit of a giggle[:D]

So very glad to hear that you are hopefully over the worst of it now mint, can't say I have tried chronic bronchitis, so I will take your word for it. I had to look up tantot, so thanks for the new word.[:D]

I have just had the 3 years all clear after my last scan in March, and I am now on 6 monthly scans, so I do not need to panic again until September.

Still sludging it, although now I use a green powder that my wife bought for me instead of the frozen spinach, it still comes out the same disgusting colour. But I guess now into May and still going on the old smoothies is some sort of an achievement. I still have not got my sprouting machine going yet, maybe I can make that my 2019 new years resolution.

Can't get much further off topic than this post.[:D] Still glad things are picking up for you.