Complete France Forum

Like , unlike

Molly

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally I detest the idea of Facebook.  But I have heard one good reason to use it; I have a friend who uses it to keep track of what her teenage children are really up to.  It seems that they depend on it to arrange their social life.

They know that she's doing this, of course, and sometimes they find ways round it.  But she says she gets quite a lot of information, and that's better than not knowing anything.

[quote user="allanb"]But I have heard one good reason to use it; I have a friend who uses it to keep track of what her teenage children are really up to.  It seems that they depend on it to arrange their social life. They know that she's doing this, of course, and sometimes they find ways round it.  But she says she gets quite a lot of information, and that's better than not knowing anything.

[/quote]

Offspring of friends of ours refused a FB "be my friend" invite from their father for exactly that reason. Unfortunately, said father, not being terribly techno-savvy, didn't quite understand WHY his offspring would not wish to be friends with him and was rather hurt.

There is another issue with FB - or at least there was until very recently if FB has bothered to fix the flaw. When FB users install gadgets, widgets, apps or whatever one calls them, on their page to share with their friends, the FB site software apparently gives/gave the APPLICATION full access to ALL the personal information on the installing person's account. That is certainly NOT very secure.

Regards

Pickles

• 1 month later...

Archived