Meat-free diet

mint

[quote user="Frecossais"]Try a hula hoop for exercise. I think your "middle-age spread" isn't down to diet, so exercising your waist should help. (Says she who hates exercising, and definitely needs to lose weight.)
[/quote]

Hah, I happen to know what that's called...."un anneau" [:D]

Anneau and anneaux.

I never understood why The Lord of the Rings, was not Le Seigneur des Bagues, but des Anneaux.

Sweet17 have you thought of  'spanx' they are supposed to keep everything in place and under control. There are other makes, but I heard of these last night on tv.

I don't mind a bit of hardship, id!

Tonight I had some cold pintarde and some cold haricots verts.  Surprising what you can get used to.  But then I thought about all the people in other parts of the world who are hungry for large parts of their lives and I soon ate up without any problems.

OH opened some scrumptious red wine but I refused to be tempted.  All to the good, 4 weeks teetotal tomorrow, hurray!

Also took dog for another walk round the village.

I might go and look for my old skipping rope and do a few minutes a day.  Can't bear to think of getting more out of shape come winter![:'(]

Hey, it's beginning to work!  It's going down, that spare tyre!

Goodness knows it's taken long enough:  alcohol abstinence for 5 weeks now and only one piece of bread in the last week.  Mind you, I don't actually "punish" myself....do eat some basmati rice, a speculoo or two with a cup of tea and the odd mini viennoiserie as I don't want to be obssesive and I don't want to do anything that I can't keep up for long.

Put on my shorts today; it was hot and I knew I was having to work outdoors, and the waistband was definitely looser and I felt full of energy and wellbeing.

It's the most wonderful feeling imaginable after I'd felt so yuk about how nothing fitted.....

Doesn't take much to make me a happy bunny does it?

Speculoos, love 'em. When we lived in France and used to frequent a bar where we knew the owner and staff, they always gave me an extra one or two with my expresso. Never dared buy them for home, they are something I could get addicted to. I could foresee me having to have one or two or three or four with every hot drink....... so not a good idea.