Royal Mail and asking for the impossible

Frederick

Just before going to France for a few weeks and knowing a parcel was on the way to me from half way round the world. I asked our post lady if she would deliver it to my neighbor She agreed and told me she would also inform the  guy who sometime s delivers to us . I followed it up with a note taped on and seen through  my glass door  asking for any parcels to be dropped off at the address next door ...  Job done !    So I thought ...

I find on my return a "Something for you "  card from Royal mail requesting I report to the sorting office to collect my parcel ..I then find its winging  its way halfway back round the world where it came from as it was not collected within the allotted number of days shown on the card ..

I was silly enough to ask why as I had given permission in writing and asked for it to be delivered next door why they did not do it ... I was told my   "neighbor may not have been in "  ... I asked them why not give a card to her then and she would pop round  and collect it ... "Not allowed sir ..  We  have to put the card into the address shown on the parcel even though we know there is not going to be anybody there for weeks  "   Then when it is not collected in 18 days ....Royal Mail ships it back to sender ...  So anyone likely to be in the same  position... be aware with Royal Mail ....  rules is rules !