For Rose and others who might be interested

mint

Hello Mint!  I've missed the excitement of the change of name [:D]

Thanks for the link... I've got just over 10 weeks to go before I start my walk.  I've been walking my way down the Vezeley Route in recent times - it passes within a few km's to home  and I'm hoping I can walk all the way down to St Jean... it's a good way to test my gear and get me fit too.  If I manage that, and I manage the walk, I can say that I walked from my front door to Santiago. [blink]

I'm having problems with shoes.. just can't seem to find the right pair at the moment... off to Bordeaux again tomorrow and I really hope that 3rd time lucky applies to me!

[kiss]

Be careful with socks.....

Many years ago I set off with my ex BIL to walk the Pennine Way. He was extremely fit so I thought I would be the weak link.

On the third day he was hobbling virtually unable to walk. I told him to sit down and take his boots and socks of. The whole of the underside of each foot was one large blister - he was incapable of carrying on so we set off back home.

He had bought new wool socks and had not washed them but had these on under his boots. I wear wool socks for walking but always when new washed first and with a 'normal' pair of socks under them next to my skin and never have had a problem.

Rose best of luck with the walk and I do think the members of the forum need to start a campaign to do away with this stupid 'mint' and go back to Sweets.

Well said, Paul T; Sweet 17 was such a nice person, clever, witty, caring, a real tribute to the forum. Often matronly, very real too, never boring. Her leaving was such a loss.

But this new nimt, whoever they might be, is not the same person, seeming more interested in fosse septiques and funny walks! Sounds suspiciously like an offshoot of Norman!

So, Sweet, do come back wherever you are hiding; don't be shy, and don't let Norman bully you again. And, of course we will take you seriously, we always did; and if you really wanna discuss the music of YMCA into the small hours, then there is sure to be someone here who can hold the candle!!!!!

Hi folks - I've clearly missed the big name change?  I liked Sweets too [blink]

Paul - interesting about washing socks as I had a pair a few weeks ago and I hated them... but wore them new without washing.  Maybe i'll give them another go!

I've bought my third pair of shoes today... Mammut.  I have really wide feet and it's proving a real problem... please let these be ok!

Minty Fresh... if you're around I hope all is well with you and yours

xx