Know any good lawyers in France?

Camille

I would like to retain a local attorney for advice primarily dealing with letting a second home in France but also on regulations on property improvements, in as local a context as possible. This would be in the Northern Lot, outside Souillac (should I be so lucky as to narrow it down that far). Someone further out is fine so long as they are still in France, and know how to navigate efficiently for "micro-local" regulations.

English-speaking is not essential, fluent French likely is. I can almost always make myself understood in French (though it can sometimes take several different approaches before that happens!) and I have fairly reasonable comprehension. Translation can fill the gaps either way. What I'm after is true expertise and efficiency, and if that comes in the form of a bilingual attorney then what a jackpot that will be. If the attorney only spoke English I'd understandably be concerned.

Thanks much for any referrals.

Camille

www.maisonquercy.com

• 3 months later...
Miki

I agree about Stilton. We do like a blue cheese called St. Agur, it's much softer than Stilton, but nice flavour.(we do like some French cheeses!) When in the UK a few weeks ago, we shopped at Asda (Now Wallmart), and I was astounded at the choice of cheeses. My mouth watered, one was a soft white cheese with apricots - mmmmm!!!! Something I really miss here though, as I am always on a diet, is cottage cheese. Cant find that or an equivalent anywhere. Once again, if anyone can suggest anything, I would be grateful.