seller droping dead

Vivijones

I think we are never going to succead in buying a house in France. Having been told last week we were going to sign the acte in a couple of weeks and to make sure the money was in france to pay for the house, got an email from the ( French) agent on Saterday saying there was further delay and asking if we wanted to continue!

On checking up why we eventuly found out the vendor had droped dead unexpextedly and we now had to deal with five of his relatives. Now assuming all these still want to sell does anybody know if we are now back to square one and we are going to have to start new sale or can we continue on with sale as before?

Vivi

I just made sure that I got my facts right and I forgot one important point: The cooling off period. So, if the Compromis has been signed and exchanged, the deposit paid and the cooling-off period is past, then the inheritors are bound to go ahead with the sale.
The only snag could be if the seller was not on his own, i.e. if there was a spouse/co-owner of the property who, in this case, would be allowed to change her mind.

Christiane
www.francesw.com