I can't reply with quote! Why?

Redcap

Bob, for some reason the quote doesn't show on the screen until you use the preview (or post) facility.   I must admit having pressed 'quote' I expected to see the quote and to be able to edit it. I don't think you can edit it though, you just get the first line or so.

[quote]Bob, for some reason the quote doesn't show on the screen until you use the preview (or post) facility. I must admit having pressed 'quote' I expected to see the quote and to be able to edit it. I d...[/quote]

Well I pressed 'quote', now let's see what happens!

Checked preview, it works!  Thanks M/Monkey

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

[quote]Well I pressed 'quote', now let's see what happens! Checked preview, it works! Thanks M/Monkey Bob[/quote]

Having helped Bob with getting 'quotes', can anyone else advise on how you can edit the quote?  I realise I could copy and paste onto word but is there an easy way to do this on the forum that I'm missing?

Thanks

Musicmonkey

[quote]Hi, I think you can do it in 'preview' mode, just hi lite what you want to delete. I seem to recall that you could also select part of the message and press 'quote', but not sure if it works. Regar...[/quote]

Am testing out this theory to see if it works having highlighted part of your quote.  Please be patient with me everyone else!

Musicmonkey

Edit - No it doesn't work. Any other ideas anyone?

"Edit - No it doesn't work. Any other ideas anyone?"

Until it gets fixed, just highlight the text you want - Copy, then create a standard reply Add Reply (not using Quote) then Paste the text here - in this one I've added the quotes around your text just to show it as a quote.

Hope that helps