Font size

peebee

I have just had to have a new hard drive put into my PC and everything seems to be o.k apart from the font size on this forum??  I have tried everything to increase it (must be about size 6!!).  Can anyone help me before I get the magnifying glass out again.  I've been on 'view' and increased the text size to 'largest' but nothing happens.

Many thanks in advance

Hi Peebee,

A couple of thoughts to try ….

Is your PC set up exactly the same way as it was before you got the hard drive replaced?

If the fonts in all your webpages and word processing documents etc look smaller than before, it may be that your screen resolution is set differently to the way it was.

Go to Start | Control Panel | Display | Settings.  The screen resolution can be changed by moving a slider.  If it’s currently set to (eg) 1024 by 768 pixels, move the slider one position to the left (800 x 600) and click Apply | OK.  This will make everything slightly ‘bigger’.

(If the above doesn’t make any difference, or you don’t like the look, put the setting back the way it was).

Another idea …..

Making the following change to Internet Explorer, the “View > Text size” drop down menu will work and you will be able to select the font size you want.

Click on the “Tools” drop down menu then “Internet Options…” > (“General” tab) > “Accessibility…” > and tick the “Ignore font sizes specified on web pages” box and click on “OK”.

Note that making this change may upset the formatting of other websites and cause text to overlap pictures etc.  If this happens, simply untick the “Ignore font sizes specified on web pages” box when viewing other websites.

Maybe it’s time to treat yourself to a 21” monitor or a pair of ‘ready readers’!?