Poll: New forum section?

James, could you clarify the question.  Is the question “Would you use/participate in … ?” or “Would you agree with… ?”.  Some may not participate in such a forum area but would have nothing against it as they could just ignore it.  Thus a “No” might be “I would just ignore it not participating there” or might be “No I disagree with such an area on … grounds”.

Ian

James

Discussion of the running of the forum is not permitted - we have been told so on your authority.

But you have answered one question I have had in mind for some time, which is the direction you want the forum to go in, and how you are going to get it there.

'...comments about the administration of the forum...' is what is the code of conduct states...this is a question about the forum structure itself.
As for the direction of the forum...well France is the discussion topic...so posts about France are expected. However....t
he reason for me introducing a poll is to gauge whether members would also like an area for other discussion (topics that aren't particulary about France), where members can catch-up with each other. This area could then be ignored by members that are not interested in off topic conversation.

James, could you clarify the question.  Is the question “Would you use/participate in … ?” or “Would you agree with… ?”.  Some may not participate in such a forum area but would have nothing against it as they could just ignore it.  Thus a “No” might be “I would just ignore it not participating there” or might be “No I disagree with such an area on … grounds”.

It's 'Would you agree with having the forum area' so that member's off topic chat is available but in a separate forum area. Or would you prefer the forum to keep to France discussion only.