Thank you, Brittany Ferries!

Fay

I just had to let forum users know how brilliant Brittany Ferries were recently, in exceptionally difficult circumstances.

Story is too long to tell in full but involves:
1) a trip to Limoux with my friend for her to sign her Acte de Vente,
2) in a car laden with furniture, crockery, paint etc;
3) a stolen passport (mine, taken with handbag while loading said car in London on the morning of departure)
4) and a tyre blowout on the M5 near Exeter,
5) causing a missed ferry and thus necessitating a change of route from Plymouth-Santander to Portsmouth-Caen.

Thanks to an impressive 'can do' attitude on the part of Brittany Ferries staff (and, to be fair, also the Southwark Police, and my husband who drove down from Northamptonshire to meet us on the M4 with my previous passport, as well as the nice AA man who helped remove half the contents of the car to get to the emergency wheel) we finally rolled aboard the Mont St Michel at literally the 11th hour and made it to the Notaire's in Limoux in good time for friend to become the proud and relieved owner of her French home.

Every single person at BF with whom we came into contact did absolutely all they could to help us, and with the greatest goodwill. Despite making it clear there was no guarantee it would be possible, they went all-out to try to get me permission to travel from the French immigration authorities, as well as changing our booking (including cabin) smoothly and efficiently. The Duty Officers at both Plymouth and Portsmouth kept in regular touch on my friend's mobile (yes, mine was in the stolen bag) as we made out way first from London towards Plymouth and then (at 50mph on an emergency wheel) back to Portsmouth.

It was the first time I'd travelled with BF but it certainly won't be the last. Well done and thank you to all concerned.