P and O blame the Froggies

Diana

From todays Telegraph, PO Chief Robert Wood blamed losses on Froggie Taxes. He said the Froggs wanted more tobacco tax rises to stop people smoking and this was discouraging Britains from taking booze n fag cruises.

Well I suppose it gets him off the hook, but its a shame he wont acknowledge the real reason that frequent travellers are completely disillusioned with PO. Over priced, unreliable and a could not careless attitude does not encourge anyone from using them out of choice.

Diana

Over priced is right.

I am taking a holiday in Basse Normandie next month and did the Internet rounds of those operators who offer transport to France.

P&O quoted me 195.36 for a seven day return on the Dover/Calais route.
Speedferries quoted me 95.00 for the same period on the Dover/Boulogne route - and Boulogne is half an hour closer by road to my destination.

No prizes for guessing which one I booked!!!

Having read the Daily Telegraph article, I am surprised that Robert Wood used the terminology "Froggies". The article makes it clear that the French are responsible for the majority of the ferry company's income. By using his description of the French in what I would term as a derogatory manner, I wonder how much further financial damage is going to be done to this branch of the company. And will this push prices even higher still???

David