'Mark as Read' Facility

Delboy

Can I request the addition of a 'Mark as Read' button somewhere (or is there one that I can't see at the moment)?

Although many topics are of interest, there are some which are of no interest to me at all, and rather than have to plough through all topics to get them marked as read, it would be easier to have such a facility (all other forums [fora?] I go to have this).

Delboy

[quote]Can I request the addition of a 'Mark as Read' button somewhere (or is there one that I can't see at the moment)? Although many topics are of interest, there are some which are of no interest to me a...[/quote]

In fact I have found that I don't need the "mark as read" button. If on returning to the forum each time, you click on "recent topics" (next to the control panel) , and then choose the first option "posts since my last visit", all the new posts since your last visit will be displayed.

I still can't figure out why all my postings are highlighted like this!

Regards,

Paul

Paul - if you look above the box where you type your message, there's a row of boxes, for selecting font, size, style etc. In between the colour selector (an A with a red line and an arrow belowit) and the bold text selector (an upper case B), there's a symbol that's supposed to represent a marker pen. This is where highlights are selected - I selected one for this paragraph.

Can you turn it off, by selecting 'none' in the highlights options (at the bottom of the table of available colours)? If so, you should get no highhlighting - like this.

I don't know why your settings have apparently defaulted to this and nobody else's seem to have done (maybe you could select a more pleasing colour combination if you want) - we'll see if James (Admin) can throw any light on the subject.

I DO NOT HAVE 'CONTROL PANEL'

I DO NOT HAVE 'RECENT TOPICS'

I DO NOT HAVE 'MARK AS READ' BUTTON ANYWHERE

I CANNOT CHANGE FONT, FONT SIZE OR STYLE,

I CANNOT SEE WHO HAS POSTED A MESSAGE AS THEIR NAME IS NOT DISPLAYED

All now OK - resolved by turning off 'Ad Blocking' in Norton.

Del