Price of land?

Harley

Can anyone out there give me an idea of the cost of agricultural land in Manche?  Our neighbour is selling up and in addition to a good size garden she also has some land which we would like to buy if the price is right.  The house is currently a holiday home and the additional land is not used by the owner. I think she will be having the property valued over the next few weeks.  Will the property price be badly affected if we bought the land?

Thanks all

Hi.........we were looking at buying some land next to our house, in Manche. The owner (the farmer who we bought our house from), wanted about 17000€ for 3 hectares which made our other neighbours roar with laughter!! "He's having a laugh" was the approximate translation! Apparently he had decided to do us a favour and to hike the price up to ensure that when the land went through SAFER, no-one else would want to buy it - funnily enough, neither did we!

I suggest that you pop down to your nearest Notaires where they should be able to give you an idea of land values for your area.

Regards

Chris