guy needs gal

Tag

A close friend of mine living in 85 but temporarily commuting to the Benelux has been deserted by his partner who prefers full time life in the UK. The guy, in his fifties, is lonely and not really equipped to get dating again. Can anyone suggest ideas I can give him to help - not dating agencies I suspect.

I would suggest attending jive classes.  What!  Some suggestion I hear you say, well, I always wanted to learn to jive, and one day someone at work said he went jiving (or Ceroc - from the French "C'est Rock") and he agreed to teach us on a lunchtime.  We got the bug, went to a jive night and saw hundreds of people looking really really cool and we decided to have proper lessons.

It's the same system in France (we know, we went to one in Paris) - the guys stand in rows and the girls "move along" so you get to practice with lots of different people of different abilities. 

It's a great way to meet friends (I found my husband that way, so I suppose I'm a bit biased!) and it is really feel good, releases the endorphins or whatever they're called and helps to banish the blues!

It's quite popular in France so it should be fairly easy to find out if there are any classes in the area. 

My friend who taught us originally now teaches professionally and he says it's brought lots of people out of their shell - so you never know.

All the best to him anyway.

Nathalie