It never stops, does it?

Alcazar

Just had a phone call from my architect, in France. For those of you who've been here some time, that's the architect everyone including the Mairie told us we wouldn't need, and did need at a cost of €2000

Then recently, we got a bill for another €1256 for doing our building work, some sort of tax no-one told us about.

Now the architect tells me that the DDE need to inspect the property to see if it conforms with some standard of habitation, if I understood correctly, checking drains and that we have a sand filter etc. It's to cost yet another €200.

Why didn't they do this when we put in our original request, which I assume we paid via the architect? Why wait until now????

Does it EVER end?? Is this normal, and has anyone else fallen foul of it? He seemed to think that they could still deny me permission to build, even though we got our permission from the Mairie last september, just gone, and the original request to build was in April/May?

A not very happy Alcazar

Dear Alcazar,

I wanted to reply 'cos no-one else has and although I have to say I can't help you with your questions, I just thought I'd like to say I really sympathise with your problem and I don't know why on earth things are like that in life!

Why You?  You seem like a really decent chap/chappess to me and maybe life is just sent to try us.

Just would like to say good luck with the rest of it - we are with you!

Thanks for all your kind and supportive help in the past (you probably don't remember but you have put yourself out for others in the past - I think!).

Hope things start looking up for you soon (it's about time innit?!).

Valerie

We can't help over most of your queries though we can agree that lots of odd charges do seem to crop up

What we do know is that the Maire has no real say in planning matters any more.  We were keen to buy a piece of land to build where the Maire and village council had said Yes they were happy to give planning consent. We made sure of a Clause suspensive and we were able to back out when planners said "no". Maire very upset!

We found another piece of land nearby so all was well in the end, tho it caused delay.

Good luck anyway

Hereford