Break down cover for UK?

rondo

Having always taken out break down cover for our car when we travelled to Europe on Holiday from the UK with Greenflag or RAC etc, we're now living in France and plan to @visit' UK in February for 2 weeks. We want to get the same cover in reverse UK, any suggestions? We have a 8 month old Kangoo bought new from a large Renault Garage.

In anticipation

Carole

I really would like someone to give some example of how this really works and how much one ends up paying. The most sense I ever get from my insurers is that if a breakdown mechano can't get us going they would tow us to the nearest garage and then it would be down to us.

We have breakdown cover as an optional extra with our car insurance.

It is provided by Europ Assist and also includes the equivalent of Travel Insurance, ie medical emergency cover.

Vehicle breakdown cover varies from company to company but with all, including UK ones, you are responsible for any garage repair bills. Some companies will merely tow you to the nearest garage, others will take you home and the car to your preferred garage, others will take you to your destination.

In addition to this ours gives us a hire car for 1 week whilst our own car is being repaired.

You tend to get what you pay for, whether in the UK or France.

Jongleur