bottle gas

amp

Are there any experts on gas regulators out there.

I have a gas fire which after working for 20 mins with a new gas bottle(elfi) and new regulator, will not now work. I suspect the regulator is not allowing enough gas out. Does this sound possible? The regulator is one of those that fits directly on top of the bottle. Can I use any regulator or must I stick with Elfi?

Sorry if this sounds all a bit basic but in my 49 years I have never had bottled gas before

Paul

I don't know Elfi, we use Butagaz, but I suspect the parts are pretty similar. Was this after you had the fire turned off? If so, look for a little button on the bottom of the detendeur and press it in - if you hear a little hiss, that was probably the problem.

As for compatibility of detendeurs, they are sold in brico places and supermrchés, so a quick look at the packaging might tell you.

Had to laugh at Dick's message as I did almost the same thing when I had thought the gas had run out. Fortunately I accidentally pressed the little button when struggling with the regulator - the whole lot is in a small dark cupboard which means a surfeit of banged head and grazed knuckles not even slightly tempered by the grumbled obscenities.

We have now left a note for when our friends use the house so they do not get caught too.

Andy