Is there anyone in Franche Compte

Hi

I am likely to be relocating with my job to Switzerand and would be looking to live in either the Doubs or Jura region of Franche Compte. It is not an area of France that I yet know well (being much more familiar with Burgundy, Languedoc and the Savoie). We will be making our first visit soon. However, in the French magazines and on the web, this area does not seem to be a popular destination for the Brits. Can anyone give me anything reassuring or otherwise about the area? Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Janine

First of all it's Franche Comte. I do not live there, but my wife is from the area, so I know a bit about it and I have been quite a few times. Not all that popular with the english, because I guess it's too far, popular with the Germans though, who are just next door. Beautiful area, very green! Vosges and Jura mountains are beautiful. Can get very cold in winter though (-25 last winter) If you need more specific info, let me know and I'll ask the wife!

Steve

Hi Janine

We live on the edge of the Jura close to Geneva and there are a lot of Brits and every other nationality here (simply because we all commute to the international organisations in Geneva). Perhaps one of the reasons that it rarely features anywhere is that the border area has an odd status being frontaliere. Also, many people moving here do so because of the job rather than because they decided to move here independently and there are other support networks that are in place for them.

I am happy to try and answer any questions you may have on the area etc. if I can - drop me a pm and we can have a chat. Charlotte G is further up in the Doubs so between us we may be able to cover the area for you

Regards

Kathryn