Blogs

[quote user="Tresco"]

Jolly good JonD, but the thing is that you and  Possum Girl contribute here, to this thingy. you didn't just join and then say, 'look at me!'.

That said, Wedderburn, you write well. It was amusing, but, you know, I've heard all those things before, HERE!

I'm not mad on people slagging brits abroad off, because no matter how long you are here, their (our) voices will always stand out above the nonsense French people are speaking. (You/we are attuned to it).

God knows if you had listened to the French people at the next table, I wonder how stupid/thrilling/dim/boring their conversation was?

We'll never know.[:)][/quote]

You have only to ask!  I'm bilingual - I probably speak French 95% of the time. I actually rarely listen to or meet Brits, as I spend far more time involved in the local French community - schools, sports club committees etc - where there are no British interests whatsoever. We (the Brits) most certainly do not hold a monopoly on spouting nonsense, nor would I suggest such a thing. Elsewhere in my blogs I am at least as critical of the French themselves.

You may have heard these things before, but going by the considerable naivety exhibited on occasion, many have not, so I believe it to be a story that does not lose in the (re-)telling. [:D]

PS Tresco... I joined ages ago, completely forgotten my pseudo though. Didn't post much; as you say, we've "heard all those things before" [:P][:D]

[quote user="wedderburn"]You may have heard these things before, but going by the considerable naivety exhibited on occasion, many have not, so I believe it to be a story that does not lose in the (re-)telling.... [:D]PS Tresco... I joined ages ago, completely forgotten my pseudo though. Didn't post much; as you say, we've "heard all those things before" [:P][:D]

[/quote]

Yes, you are probably right about the re-telling part. [:)]

Re. My other comment, which you allude to above. 

It was mean-spirited of me, regardless of the length of time you have been here. I apologise.