Pas de Calais - Anyone out there?

[:D]Hi

Having moved permanently to Pas de Calais in August last year, having our home for 4 years, I wondered and have not found yet any ex pats (other than two really good friends who live here).  Its nice to mix with the locals, but also it would be nice to meet up with other ex pats to share ideas and swop stories, general information etc.  Have asked before on other forums but there doesn't seem to be much response, is it just not as friendly as further South where reading on forums there seems to be a lot going on, or is there no one out there!

Teresa

Sains Les Pernes 62 Pas de Calais

Having read other posts and got a feel for the forum, the impression i get is that most 'ex-pats' are mindful of being associated with what might be described as 'Brit Communities in France'.  Whilst they are happy to accept british friends whom they come across by chance etc, they do not particularly want to seek them out, preferring to adopt the French way of life (afterall that is what tehy emigrated for) and all that comes with that.  Good luck in your search, but perhaps you should lean more towards integrating with your french neighbours and see if the brits appear.

Thanks for your reply, I have plenty of french pals, but it is still nice to speak to ex pats, I agree some do only mix with their own and some are so anti any more brits it borders on pathetic, bearing in mind they like to live in France, Spain etc, but don't want to share the area with any others.  Thanks for the advice, but as I said French pals I have plenty and love it here.