VENDOR CERTIFICATE ON SALE OF HOUSE

Sunshine

[quote user="Katrina"]Does anyone know the details of the what a vendor has to provide in terms of searches (asbestos,termite,drains,structural survey) under new legislation apparently coming into effect from Jan 06.[/quote]

I could not remember where I found the article but it was in the French Property News magazine November 2005 edition.

I believe it varies depending on the region.  If you look in Yellow Pages www.pagesjaunes.fr and type in something like Amiante Diagnostic and the area you want you should find a number of companies who offer these services.  I found http://www.experts-agenda.com/  where you put in the post code and it will tell you what is required.  Like all web sites you would need to check that it is up to date.

Liz

The agent or notaire handling the sale will tell you what is required in your region, and will probably put you in touch with professionals who can provide the documents. Because some of the certificates have a limited period of validity (e.g.termites) it is not often a good idea to get them in advance of the sale being agreed, particularly as the market is so slow at present. The requirements do vary considerably between regions.

[quote user="Will the Conqueror"]The agent or notaire handling the sale will tell you what is required in your region, and will probably put you in touch with professionals who can provide the documents. Because some of the certificates have a limited period of validity (e.g.termites) it is not often a good idea to get them in advance of the sale being agreed, particularly as the market is so slow at present. The requirements do vary considerably between regions.[/quote]

This is probably a good reason for employing an agent. When you're selling the house yourself the agents fees can be negotiated with a trusted agent of your choice.