France is very Special

We have just come back from a idylic holiday in St Lucia, we had a villa on a headland looking out over the carrabean sea.It really was heaven and the climate, just perfect. A beautiful green island, very interesting and the rainforest right up to our doorstep. Well the neighbour came out to introduce himself, asking us if we were interseted in buying his villa, must have been at least two million pounds (didnt let on I was a lowly bank clerk and my other half a tiler) but he then went on to say they wanted to sell up to move to France, we did not mention we had a house there, but it just goes to show,it really is a wonderful island and they still want to move to France.Well I can honestly say it was beautiful, but give me my little patch in France anyday, I have yet to visit anywhere in the world that I love more than France. Am I brainwashed,I keep thinking something will turn up that captivates me more than France. but yet to find it.

Vervialle, please keep on in this vein.  We have been here less than a year and, you know how it is, when you have made a huge decision like moving to France to live, it's good when other people confirm to you that you have made the right decision. 

That's the other thing of course; you buy something fairly expensive like a car and you like to see lots of the same model on the road thus confirming to you that you bought a good 'un.

LOL, there must be a psychological phenomenon here to be described.  Anyone know the appropriate mumbo-jumbo terminology?

Well sweet 17 I have had my house in France for 16 years, I wished to move there when my son was six, but my marriage broke up and I was left with everything to sort out, I fought to keep the house in France , I could not really afford it, but deep in my heart I knew I had to fight to keep it, something just kept me going, the house had my soul . People reading this will think I live in fairy tale land, but it was the best descision I ever made.I spend as much time as I can in France, but have never been able to move there as my skills are narrow, 31years in a bank. Now I can retire if I want at 50, but cannot afford it just yet.Wherever I have been in the world, I love France more, it is a country with everything, the Med , the alpes,the ocean, the pyrenees,the beautiful valleys of the loire, the rugged coasts of brittainy. the volcanoes (extinct) of masif central.And of course my own place the Limousin.Well I am a person who loves the sun and sea, so some far off place would be perhaps more ideal,but no thankyou, France is a very beautiful country, I can quite understand why they are the least travelled people in Europe.

I hope you have many happy years sweet 17 , my only advice to anyone moving to France, it is  no fun being poor in any country you choose to live in.The U.K.workplace, is not easy but there is plenty of scope for working, but France has such a huge lack of enterprise and it is not easy to earn a decent salary especially if you do not have the language skills.The english people round our area are all in the building game and seem to be holding  out , due to there reliability and price.I feel France is on the eve of great change and whilst I welcome that, I would hate the country to loose its ethos. I love the fact shops are closed on Sunday, but over the last two years more and more now are open.I suppose they have to change, but it is all these family values about not working Sundays that I have always admired.I really do not want France to go down the same road that England has, but I fear it will.The younger generation of people will want more out of life than the people I know in my village in France,Half of the French population are frustrated and the other half are steadfast in their beliefs, so we are in a time of great change . Despite everything if you can have a decent life in france and enjoy all it offers, there is no better place in my mind. We now share our country in England with that many different races and sometimes in certain places I feel like a stranger in my own country which is not a good feeling.I am glad sweet 17 you are happy, I am sure it has been a good decision.

Krusty I am glad you are happy. it is a breath of fresh air to hear peoples success stories. Are you both going to the picnic, I have just looked at the flights from Stanstead and they are dirt cheap that weekend, but I have no idea how far Mr Renaud is from la Rochelle, but I would love to meet everybody, I started getting living France from issue 1 and have been on here for at least six years and it would be so lovely to meet everybody, I am not one for being around every night, but I always look in at least three or four times a week, I am not  a great lover of television and my O.H. loves star trek and all that kind of thing, so I turn my lap top on and catch up with you all. I am not into arguments so just withdraw when posts go that way.But would dearly love to meet you all.Really want to meet Chris Head and give him a hug as .I have been through a very painful and acrimonious split years ago, and understand him..Well it is good for the soul to talk and that is what we all have in common.Krusty where are you exactly living?

We are coming up to our first year here, march, and although we are working very very hard on the house we still love it. BUT i have had a horrible miserable day today and i don`t know why. Got up this morning ok and then felt a bit fed up and it went downhill from then on till i sobbed most of the afternoon. I`m not usually like this and i can`t explain it but it was awful. I`m better this evening with support from other forum readers but i feel wiped out now. Pathetic i know but there you go.

[quote user="Geordie girl"]

i have had a horrible miserable day today and i don`t know why. Got up this morning ok and then felt a bit fed up and it went downhill from then on till i sobbed most of the afternoon. I`m not usually like this and i can`t explain it but it was awful. I`m better this evening with support from other forum readers but i feel wiped out now. Pathetic i know but there you go.

[/quote]

You're a woman GG - happens to the best of us[:)]

Come and give us a hug!

Yes it may be a bit fluffy, but I really think you get a good idea of someone from their writing and you always seem bright and breezy and everyone loves to read your posts, but your name captivates people as in Peter Pan.Twinkle is so endering, I must think of a new name, what do you think of Lady Penelope, do you think people would stand up and take notice? There is something in a name.

Vervialle!

I'm intrigued by what you think of me - I suppose I am that sort of person, but I do have my down days too like all of us!  I usually steer clear of people and the forum when that happens so you only see me when I'm all shiny and bubbly.  I can't be a miserable fairy can I?  I keep that for my OH[:D]

I hope you didn't mind me calling you fluffy - I like fluffy and prefer people like that to whingeing bullys anyday of the week!

Do you want me to find you a new avatar Lady Penelope?

I've changed a few times vervialle and I thouroughly recommend it... I quite like the change in identity!  Pale Pink Specs was nervous and shy... Pink was maybe still a bit green... Rose... now she's starting to come out of herself!  [:D]

What about Lady P?  or is that just me being lazy with the keyboard? [:D]

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

I'm intrigued by what you think of me

[/quote]

Twinkle... I was/am in awe of you.  You float in and out of the forum and everyone loves you and you always have the right thing to say... When I first joined I was so thrilled when you replied to my post... felt really honoured!!!  [:$] Actually I'm begining to wonder if you are actually a real fairy! [:D]

Well geordie girl that is exactly how I would be, I know I would have good days and bad days if I moved to France. Because I work in England I do not have time to contemplate, I am too busy beyond words and do not have time to think.But if I were in France with time on my hands after the innitial honeymoon period, I wonder how I would be. Sometimes I blame my very settled normal childhood,and I am not prepared for a different sort of life. I had such a very nice childhood so I find it hard to cope with major change.I know despite loving France, I would miss things about England, I am one of those persons who cannot turn my back on things easily.I also love animals far more than humans and hate the way some of the \French treat their animals, I have a big problem with that.So I know living in France would not be a bed of roses. I do not know what the answer is when you are feeling like you do, except to say it is perfectly normal,and you may well feell different tommorrow, if you did not have any feelings about anything you would not be normal.Life is never as perfect as you would like it to be?I do not know your age, but, as for me I am asking all kinds of questions I did not even think about in my thirties.Hope tommorrow is better for you.

Twinkle you cannot possibly ever have the blues, you would kill all my illusions of you,sometimes I even imagine you walking round france with a net tootoo and a wand.I imagine you to be a leggy, happy smiley blonde with a personality to die for. Please do not spoil it.Especially for the guys on here, whom I am sure agree with me.