Paying French bills from UK

Can anyone please tell me if it is possible to pay Taxes Foncières by means of an English Visa debit or credit card please? Because EDF sent us a very confusing amended bill, I have inadvertently paid them twice, and we have also received a water bill on the same day, which has left us with very little leeway in our French bank account. As I have to have yet another hip operation in the near future we are not able to get over to Brittany to deposit more money in our account and I am loathe to pay a £25 transfer fee for a relatively small amount (€165). I was therefore hoping, strictly as a one-off, to be able to pay from the UK by credit or debit card, but from the www.impots.gouv.fr website this does not seem to be possible. We are normally very careful to keep plenty of money in our French account for such eventualities, but a whole host of sudden unexpected circumstances have descended on us in the last 4 weeks and now things are looking a bit worrying, thanks to these 2 bills arriving just at a time when we cannot be over there[8-)]!

Has anyone found a way round this, please? I'd be very grateful for any advice.

Thanks,

Rosemary