Chilly!

Fi

It was so miserable earlier today (11 deg, grey, wet, dare I say it Dutch weather?) I lit the stove.  It's June for goodness' sake.

It was quite nice earlier -  stove lit, ironing, F1 and tennis on TV, then the sun came out, now hot, bothered and wondering if it would be really, really stupid to launch smouldering logs through the window???  Perhaps a drop of something nice would make me feel better?

Fi (steaming gently)

Phew, wot a scorcher

It was quite pleasant here, after a couple of days of thunder and rain, although nowhere near the 30°C we had last week.

I went in the pool at 6 am on Friday and the water was at 28°C!

After the torrential rain, the water temp is down to 23°C, which is my self-imposed minimum temp for bathing...[:)]

Don't talk about the weather.  Yesterday, I was on my monthly run to Lidl (couldn't be fussed with the women's final at RG) when , as I neared my destination of only about half an hour away, the sky grew darker and darker and, as I pulled off the motorway, the most torrential rain with thunder, lightening, the whole kybosh enveloped everything.

Lorries were pulling off the road, cars were slowing down, an ambulance had its lights flashing, I couldn't see a damn thing with the wipers on fast speed and the rain practically obliterating everything.  Although I knew the way to Lidl very well, I managed to miss it despite being within a half mile of it and kept taking the wrong turning.

Pulled into the side of the road to ring OH, but the mobile kept saying "call rejected".  Decided to come home empty-handed in the end because it got scary (and hairy) and, anyway, there was no hope of even opening the car door, nevermind making a run for the shop.

Got home, dragged OH away from the TV and made him drive me all the way back to Lidl.  Freak storm had then settled down somewhat, but we still got drenched just loading our shopping into the car.

I swear I have never in my entire life (including when I was living in the tropics) experienced conditions like those.  It was only the occasional glimpses of white lines on the side of the road that enabled me to steer the car at all.