The Poisoner

Bugsy

Did anyone else watch part one of The Poisoner last night?

Based on the true story of the infamous Marie Besnard from Loudon. She was accused of poisoning 13 people.

Eye-opening stuff about french village life after the war and the second part will be shown next Saturday.

Yep very enjoyable and also the sectret(not so secret) village life and their prediliction to anonymous letters.Things havnt changed a great deal since those days in rural France.I bet there were some family feuds settled one way or another 39-45.

Looking forward to next weeks episode.Glad im not on good terms with the cemetary gardenner. Maude

Can anyone tell me what happened at the end? We had to turn it over for the final of the dancing and I was dying to know whether she was found guilty or not guilty. All I know is that the girl journalist began to have her doubts about Mme's innocence and that caused trouble between her and her defence lawyer boyfriend.

She was found not guilty but the young journalist still had her doubts.

Some time later when Marie was dying the young journalist was summoned to her bedside as she had something to tell her. She arrived to find that Marie had died but had left her a letter.

When she opened the letter there wasn't anything inside?

Hi again

I should have said an envelope addressed to the young journalist, but there wasn't anything inside the envelope. Having thought she was innocent earlier in the story I ended up doubting her innocence. It felt like an anti-climax, I would have liked a resolution one way or the other, but we still enjoyed watching it, better than the dancing or singing on offer on the other sides!