How do they communicate?

Another touching pictoral study here of Sarko and Angela:

http://www.lemonde.fr/europe/article/2011/07/21/paris-et-berlin-parviennent-a-un-accord-sur-la-grece-avant-le-sommet-de-la-zone-euro_1551044_3214.html#ens_id=1268560

Now, I know that Sarko speaks English like a Dutch Donkey (the much-vaunted and slightly suspect Dutch talent for langauges does not extend to quadrupeds: trust me on this), so I assume that they must have some other language in common.

Does the fragrant Angela speak French or is the Pocket Rocket fluent in German? Are they perhaps pursuing their agenda in Esperanto?

Anyone know?

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/sarkos.jpg[/IMG]

He said "You remind me of my little toe"

She said "Is that because I'm small and cute??"

He replied "No it's because I'll probably end up banging you on the coffee table later"

Did anyone hear that German man on Radio 4 this morning before 09.30 going on about the financing by Germany due to all this euro crash business of those lazy catholic mediterranean countries who don't work or do anything in particular to warrant help. Wouldn't like to be in his shoes if that gets in the press?

Actually, Val, that seems to be quite an entrenched view with "Northerners".

Years ago, I was teaching Italian teenagers at summer schools in Buckinghamshire.  The Northern Italian kids used to say the exact same thing:  the Northern Italians were subsidising Southern ones because the latter didn't like working, were poor peasants and couldn't keep themselves.  

It really shocked me to hear him rant on about the Calvanist,protestant german populations having to subsidise fat lazy people from the med. Very racial and almost Hitler-like in some ways especially the religious mention.

[quote user="Val_2"]It really shocked me to hear him rant on about the Calvanist,protestant german populations having to subsidise fat lazy people from the med. Very racial and almost Hitler-like in some ways especially the religious mention.[/quote]

Inaccurate too - the Meditterranean populations are far leaner than the North.

Have e-mailed the German Embassy in Paris to aske them. I wonder if they'll bother to answer?

They did! Following received a scant five minutes ago:

Monsieur,

nous pensons qu'ils communiquent en anglais. De toute facon pour les

discussion et conversations ils ont recours à leurs interprètes.

Avec nos meilleures salutations

l'équipe du Cidal

I suppose
there is something rather diplomatic about choosing a language that is a first one to neither of them. Bet Merkel does it better tho'. [:D]

I had always thought that all politicians in similar situations relied on their high level translators communicating with them through their earpeices, well at least one of them anyway.

I have often watched this pair and the president chatting with other nationalities, the responses do seem a bit delayed for both parties, you can often see them wait and then the comprehension dawns on their face during important discussions, for the smily hand shaking bit in front of the cameras I think both parties are acting with their expressions and non verbal communication for the benefit of viewers no matter what their tongue.

In any case isnt non verbal communication that the most natural thing in the world to do?

Why mock or criticise leaders for doing so?