WARNING - DODGY Immobilier. If you have lost your deposit or are in danger of losing it...

painterman

Dear All, id on't think that I should 'hog' this thread too and so will keep this brief.

If you have lost you deposit through no fault of your own  in the

last two or three years when trying to purchase a French property

because the immobilier has either been incompetant and / or dishonest

with you then please will you read http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/725864/ShowPost.aspx

Thank you.

I'm sorry to hear that you have had a slow and complicated purchase. Things, not only house purchases, often take a long time to sort out in France.

However just because things are slow, with misunderstandings on both sides, it doesn't always mean that anyone has been telling lies.

I would be very careful about making such accusations, even in private messages. If as you admit you do not have a 100% grasp of either the French language  or of French ways things can become more convoluted and take longer sto sort out than then they need to.

Thank you. I've just replied on the other thread, so won't take up too much of your time on here, but thank you for your advice.

We do have the paperwork to prove that the immo' has lied, now so especially that the notaire has sent some other documentation to us.

We've kept a diary, copies of letters and emails and phone conversation, dates etc, proof of posting, even the envelopes letters to us arrived in, the lot. ) ( Hoarder of paperwork now I'm afraid because of a very nasty past experience in life- I keep everything.)

Thank you again.

Painterman.