Trial emigration

Idun wrote '' powerdesal, if you have a UK state pension a UK issued S1 that you hand into the french authorities, then you wouldn't need an EHIC for France, just everywhere else. And I would hazard a guess that would include the UK too. ''

Exactly Idun, that was the point I was making. together with the fact that my EHIC was issued by UK and was valid for 5 years.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs 'Q' received her S1 two months back and with the paperwork it said that from her birthday she would no longer be able to get/use her EHIC card from France but would have to get it from the UK in future. It also said she would still(?) get free healthcare treatment in the UK. I can only assume this is because the UK now pays her healthcare be it in France of the UK, the money comes from the same source. I put the ? next to 'still' because as far as I was aware we got free health care when visiting the UK on the back of our French EHIC card.

Yes, that is right Q, but remember to show that UK EHIC, that was issued with an S1 for non UK residents, if needing the usual medical treatment in the UK, as the NHS is based on residence or having the 'right' card with you.

That is how it should work.

edited.