Daves Monthly Moan

Is it hot?

Really?

Well, fugg me, I had not noticed - Thanks for pointing it out.

People need to find something else to talk about. Being hot in summer time should be a surprise to nobody.

Stupid teenagers on scooters - Just because you CAN pass me in heavy traffic at 45kph doesnt mean you SHOULD pass me as once the traffic clears 200 meters up the road, I will be stuck behind you as you wheeze along at 52kph holding everyone up. A bit of patience please.

That stupid old fart in Bricodepot....I was in the materials loading area with my trailer, plodding slowly in a straight line down the aisle. I drive a fugging bright red LandRover and the trailer is brown and blue so not exactly inconspicuous....anyway this choob was in such a daze as he wandered along in his own wee world that he never saw me and blundered into the side of the trailer as I passed him, cutting his leg open.

Apparently this was my fault! He immediately got all gobby so I told him to feck right off. Apparently I wasnt showing enough respect to an elder gent using Tu instead of Vous....

He kept threatening to call the cops. I pushed my telephone into his hand and told him to get on with it and call them...he soon shut up, probably realising what a fool he was being.

Regular readers might remember my period of running a local restaurant. The guy that took it on after me made no friends with his business practices, but recent events have rather angered me. There was a beautiful large tree on the terrace which gave shade. He complained to the mayors saying someone kicked it and it had moved, so was obviously a danger and insisting it was cut down immediately for "safety".

He just so happened to have some large stand-alone awnings to cover the terrace giving better shade that would not have fitted if the tree had remained, but I am sure thats just a coincidence.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO DUB A VOICE-OVER TRANSLATION IN FRENCH FOR SOMEONE SPEAKING ENGLISH ON THE TELLYBOX HAVE THE FUGGING SENSE TO CUT THE ENGLISH AUDIO AND NOT HAVE BOTH LANGUAGES BLURTING OUT OVER EACH OTHER.

This seems to be getting more and more common - lazyness or stupidity? either way its infuriating.

Its too fecking hot.....

So what is 'hot' Dave. I never minded my summers averaging about 26, could sort of cope with that, only they didn't always, and 28 and 29 were all too regular and never for me, never mind in the 30's especially the high 30's.

Worst thing for me, apart from living in the dark when it was too hot were my soggy knickers and bras. In fact it got so hot here a couple of days ago that I got that awful feeling of over moist undies and had to go and change. And maybe said damp undies are the thing that makes me most irritable really.

They said on french news the other night that temperatures over 25° result in us all losing 1 litre of fluid per hour in sweat, and that sounds right to me.

I am truly sorry about the tree, truly, I like trees.

In general I never minded the dubbing, maybe it was because when we had french tv, there was absolutely no alternative at all, and I just accepted it, no matter how it was done.

The dubbing is awfull, we have an international animal film festival here and they would be better IMO just sub-titling the mainly English language films (French never win!!!) but no they do what Dave says and to me its impossible to follow.

Maybe if a French film was dubbed the same way I wouldnt have the same problem if indeed English is still the dominant language in my brain but other countries aren't so stupid so I will never get to test that theory.

Sweat 1l per hour? Well I do only when I run 12km in an hour at 35°c or plus like yesterday, I reckon probably a fifth or tenth of that when working strenously, mind you when I was obese I probably sweated that and more doing very little, I used to fill up my water bottle frequently, now I dont even take it for a 20K run in normal températures although I know I dehydrate as my performance drops off.