Chancers mentor!

Did anyone watch the BBC 4 program tonight on Eddy Chapman the WW2 double agent named agent Zig-zag?

What a cool dude even in his 80's, has to be the ultimate chancer!

I have read the book "Agent Zig-zag"  by Ben Macintyre and it was a great read, this television production of the book was excellent, so often they dont do the book justice, this one did because it had interviews with the man himself.

Yes, I enjoyed it.

Some years ago, I think Macintyre did another programme on another spy who pretended to be dead after they fished a dead man out of the sea and made him out to be the spy and spread the story that he was drowned.

A bit boys' own but I love these sorts of stories because I cannot help but admire such courageous people as this man Chapman.

Operation Mincemeat!

I have read the book and enjoyed it, in fact all of his books of that genre have been great reads, his television adaptations are excellent and he présents them his-self, I will look out for the operation Mincemeat one.

Yes that guy was very very brave, he had a lot of front and negotiated some great deals for himself whilst simultaneously saving lives for his country.

there were lots more twists in the book but the programme did very well in the hour that they had.