RIP Leonard Cohen

Is it too much of a coincidence that Leonard Cohen died just as the aberration of Trump was elected; did the thought of the soulless, obese, oldest ever president of the US kill Leonard. Well, the depression might have been enough to have pushed him over the edge.

How many other souls will Trump kill?

I never saw him, Wooly - I came to know his work a bit late. He had a good innings, but so sad he's gone.

I also loved his recital of In Flanders Field last year on November 11th.

Such a wonderful letter he wrote to Marianne Ihlen as she was dying in July this year.

I hope Marianne stretched out her hand, he really wasn't far behind.

He felt it was time to go, that he had had his time, so he went. How is that for choice?

On stage at just under 80 he could do a full concert without sitting and even bend at the knees to sing and get up so easily. Thin as a rake with a sharp sense of humour, the consummate performer, holding his audience in his hand like a butterfly.

And his songs, so brilliant, so much more from the heart that Dylan or any of his contemporaries. One of the true great troubadours.

And that voice, rich, deep, touching the imagination in complement to his lyrics.

Much covered, never bettered.

My elder daughter has gone into mourning, I think.