They Never Learn

Well here we are again approaching another major and formidable election requiring, where possible, your vote and what do France do?  Their entrant for Saturday's eurovision extravaganza will, again, not be performing her rendition in the English language. Tsk!

From this preview she certainly looks the business but I don't think that will be sufficient to cut it with the voters.

Sod France! I'm backing Australia [8-|] They sing in Strine and that's nowt like English either.

I heard a rumour that they are applying for EU membership and to join €€€ too. Well, if they can get in the song contest for Europe then why not [:-))]

Portugal? Part of Europe? WOW, they will be letting the whole world in soon? A bit like the EU I suppose?

I saw about 15 seconds of that program and decided that whoever it was in the spotlight came second to the light show and switched the 'haunted fish tank' off.

Australia now take part. The truth is no one really wants to win because they have to foot the bill for the whole shebang the following year. It's just a bit of fun for those who enjoy it.

The French song was half in English and half in French, meaning she will now get more airplay on French radio.

The Portuguese song was one of the few that didn't have an over produced stage set with lots of lighting and was just a very simple and traditional song. The UK song was said to be about the EU. http://www.standard.co.uk/stayingin/tvfilm/eurovision-2017-viewers-mock-lucie-jones-ironic-song-never-give-up-on-you-after-brexit-a3538541.html

We watched the whole lot with friends and plenty of booze.