Macron, ooops. Jupiter or Icarus

Some of you may have noticed that President Macron has been having a few ups and downs to start his presidency: he upset the army and got the head to resign as he decided to prune a tiny bit off their budget and the general got very pisd and went before a parliamentary committee where he slagged off the President. As if the army could not prune back a bit in these times of austerity. How many golf courses do they have, I wonder?

And he has now decided to prune the housing allowance by five euros a month which will surely cause the usual explosion...

Plus the unions are threatening their usual 'niet' to any form of change to the contrat de travail.

The French have nicknamed him Jupiter but I wonder if he wont be more of an Icarus.

He has dropped ten percent in the poles, I see as the French realise that he means business in bringing shambolical public spending under control and eventually reduce it.

It is interesting that his ministers still call what the government spends ' public money' as opposed to the 'taxpayers money'.