Releve Des Terres Non Assujetties

Laboultiere

Hello,

We have just received a letter from France entitled 'Releve Des Terres Non Assujetties', which identifies 2 small parcels of land that go to make up our garden.

It appears to be some sort of declaration to say whether we are using the land, and if so, what we are using it for. There is also a table identifying the areas, and a charge for each parcel.

Has anyone recently received one of these (we have had the house for 5 years, and this is the first one we have received).

We are slightly concerned as our neighbours use the land for their sheep whilst we are not there, which also helps keep the grass down, but don't want to cause them any problems.

The letter appears to have come from Orne, where the house is located.

Many thanks

Laboultiere

I've just tried googling this and didn't get far. I think (only think) it may be that you have not been paying taxes on these parcels and the fisc wants to get a few more € from you.

I doubt if you neighbours (or their sheep) will be inconvenienced. However, you'd better get the actual text of the letter in front of someone who knows more about these things.

We also received one of these for the first time this year after five years of ownership. Our piece identified also applies to part of our garden(as far as we are concerned). I had it translated by a friend and it meant that we now pay a small payment to one office, but it is deducted from our Taxe Fonciere as an allowance. So basically status quo, just split between departments internally. Hope this helps.