New CdS arrived - receipt required ??

sid

Our new CdS (plural) arrived today, following our final RdV in Niort (79) on 21st December for fingerprints etc, so that's gone very smoothly and faster than we were told to expect (February had been mentioned).

The card indicates that it is a Withdrawal Agreement permit (Article 50 and Article 18).

In the envelope there is an "Attestation de Remise" with no instructions as to what to do with it. There's a bottom tear-off piece (Volet a conserver par le titulaire) and the top half includes "Nom et qualité de l'agent ayant effectué la remise du titre" with this part to be kept by the Administration. Presumably the "agent" is our postman? There's a box for the date and the holder's signature too.

So, do I need to get the postman to sign it, then sign it myself and return the top part. There's no return address; I assume it goes to the Préfecture ?

Anyone else done this ?

You do not have to send it anywhere. I have just read exactly the same question on another forum and it was answered by a member who works for one of the organisations set up to help applicants. The form was intended for cards picked up at a prefecture however the WA RP cards are all posted and signed for on delivery.

BIB Thank you! I was just about to contact the Prefecture by email. I'm hard of hearing so a phone conversation is always more than simply a language exercise. I speak the language reasonably well but don't hear the replies, which leads to them thinking I'm another Brit without the lingo!