Booking with Brittany Ferries

Will

Having booked a couple of crossings today I notice that the online booking has changed a bit.

You now need to enter the name of the owners club cardholder, as well as the card number.

You now get an extra page where you have to actually decline to buy travel insurance, rather than just tick a box to get it.

The above two things make it a bit more tedious to compare different route, date, cabin etc options.

The good news is that you can book online for larger vehicles - up to 8m long and 4m high which will help DIY removers, horse owners etc.

The bad news is that there is a 3 surcharge for credit card bookings (but not for Switch etc).

The French site is unchanged, as yet. Strangely I tried the same booking (Caen-Portsmouth and return five days later, afternoon crossings with day cabins) on both UK and French sites. The French site quoted 389, UK site 179, but no card surcharge in France.

Incidentally, each subsequent page on the GB site now repeats the details from the first page - e.g. '1 adults both legs'. What would happen if one left one's wooden leg at home? Is there a reduction?

Will (50)

>>Incidentally, each subsequent page on the
>GB site now repeats the
>details from the first page
>- e.g. '1 adults both
>legs'. What would happen if
>one left one's wooden leg
>at home? Is there a
>reduction?
>
>Will (50)
>
>

And what are the economics, long term, of having one leg in the UK and a spare leg in France.

>
>The bad news is that there
>is a 3 surcharge for
>credit card bookings (but not
>for Switch etc).
>
I got caught with this. I know 3 isn't much but I shall be using Switch from now on.

The other thing I noticed new on the web site booking form is that you have to give details of disabled passengers, presumably so that the person at the check-in doesn't get too much of a fright when the wooden leg is produced

Liz (29)