Moving to France removals and animal transportation

I am moving to France in June and have 6 quotes from various removal firms. They vary considerably in price from 3500 to 6500. The cheapest by far is Anglo French, has anyone used this company for removals and if so any comments ? I am moving from the South of Enland to the Lot Valley.

We also have 7 cats that will be coming with us and need to know of any companies that transport animals to France, I have heard of a company called Golden Arrow but cannot locate them on the web.

Any advice regarding both of these matters will be appreciated.

Shazzie

We used Anglo French to move us from SE London to Deux Svres nearly 2 years ago and they were very good. They were punctual, accomodating and careful. I think because they are a relatively small family firm, and don't over extend themselves, they are motivated to give good service.

We brought our six cats over ourselves so I can't help with your other query. Bon Courage!

We used them and were happy. We paid just over the top figure you mentioned and that included storage and then moving the contents of 2 houses to Aude. Apart from the fact they broke one item (cost was under 30) so I was not to unhappy, they did a good job, they even packed each house for us, we just walked away and gave them the keys.

One thing I asked about is insurance because you can take a month or so to unpack every item and most insurance is for 14 days. Ask about Marine Transport Insurance with them. It cost 60 but covered us for 3 months so we had plenty of time to unpack.

Re animals, I would move them myself via the tunnel. Don't forget to export certificates for them before you leave vuia your local vet.

Hope this helps

Chris