CGT

Chippiepat

I keep reading in various threads that only invoices from TVA registered artisans can be off set against capitol gains.I am about to register as an artisan but hope to opt for a tax regime that does'nt involve me in t.v.a.( can niether charge or claim back ).Does this meen that although I will be invoicing clients legite, ligit, lagit LEGALLY(sod it cant spell legitimately ) these will NOT count against C.G.

Pat

The interpretation of this seems to be a bit variable as far as artisans operating under the micro regime are concerned. Best to check with an accountant, or even a notaire and/or tax office in the area where you will be operating - i.e. one who is likely to be handling sales of houses you have worked on, because they are the people who actually operate the system. Some seem to insist on applying the TVA rule to the letter, others are a bit more flexible as long as you are properly registered and legitimate (there you are [:)] ).

For various reasons it may be to your advantage to be TVA registered, even with a comparatively small turnover. You may be at a disadvantage compared with TVA-registered artisans who can charge their work out at the lower rate of TVA yet recover TVA on materials etc at the standard rate. Again, well worth having a good accountant to advise you on matters like this.

The Government websites and texts refer to bills from an enterprise.

Now an enterprise will usually be VAT registered, but I haven't seen anything that says its a necessary condition for the bills to be allowable.

I think the important thing is that the bills are from a  registered set-up.

I have asked before but have never had a reply but I'll try again. On the subject of taxes deducted on a sale, has anyone come up against the commercial tax payable if you sell a property that has been used for a business? For Business read  B&B/Gites etc. One notaire advised us that if we sold our house, used in part for B&B and registered,obligatory, with the CDC, that we would be liable to a tax of 26% on the profit relating to the percentage used for the business. Surely after the last couple of years someone has come up against this if the information given to me was correct?

Regards.