New BF booking website

Will

Brittany Ferries is testing a new website for ferry bookings, at http://www.brittanyferriesdirect.co.uk.

It is claimed to offer faster quotes and make it easier to compare different crossing options, as well as being the cheapest way to book with BF as there is a £5 (big deal ) on line discount.

I've tried it and, like the new LF site, there are a few teething troubles (script errors?) but I did get it to work. If a Property Club member you have to put your details in at the first page, rather than near the last as previously, if you forget you have to start again. And despite the web address you can make bookings for crossings starting in France. I noticed that on one quote I didn't get charged for a cabin that I had booked, and on another it worked out cheaper to cross via St Malo than Caen to Portsmouth; must be a first?

Another bit of good news from BF is that the Bretagne is being transferred to the Plymouth/Roscoff route, presumably replacing (albeit temporarily) the Duc de Normandie.

"Which boat is replacing the Bretagne on its old route?"

Because the Cherbourg service is being drastically reduced for the winter, and the St Malo route reverting to one crossing each day, the Val de Loire will be able to cope on its own. BF does say that the Pont Aven will be used on the St Malo route (with Val de Loire) between January and March - it looks as if the Santander route is not running after the end of September and Bretagne is operating the Plymouth-Roscoff route, plus running from Plymouth to St Malo in Nov/Dec.

Had a look at the new site and played around with options etc, but ( I am trying to decide whether to go to Quimper in November)

I couldn't see any 'offers' though - weekend breaks etc.

Yep, I like the Bretagne, not so keen on the Val.

Shame its moved to Plymouth - Roscoff which can be a pretty rough crossing !