Does anyone know whether Speed One is back in operation for SpeedFerries following it's engine overhaul?

I've used this service twice this summer, in July and Aug/Sept. 

! was booked back on the 1730 from Boulogne yesterday afternoon (14th) and arrived to find it cancelled due to weather - as we could see the height of the spray from waves crashing over the harbour entrance from the motorway at the top of the hill on the other side of town we were not altogether surprised!!  Wind was gale 7 - 8.  

Speedferries staff were very efficient and rebooked us immediately onto SeaFrance 1930 from Calais. This all went well and the crossing was actually quite comfortable - we could see Speed One tied up in Calais as it had diverted in there and was unable to leave. Although the wind was

I was very satisfied with this under the circumstances as I had understood that they did not have any reciprocal arrangements and we would get stuck with a refund and big one-way alternative fare. (I would not have been very pleased to have simply been told that it was out of service for a refit and here's your money back, however!)

Overall I will continue to recommend SpeedFerries but will somewhat reluctantly revert to the Tunnel in future myself. All the surface routes add just a bit too much time to our journey from the Vaucluse (84110 Vaison La Romaine). I have made it a couple of times in 12 hours from there to Marlow near High Wycombe, although I typically allow 14 including rest stops. However getting from motorway to ferry and back to motorway through Dover or Calais/Boulogne, plus the longer loading and unloading and the slower transit for any of the ferries, just adds a bit too much unfortunately.       

Steve

"Overall I will continue to recommend SpeedFerries but will somewhat reluctantly revert to the Tunnel in future myself. All the surface routes add just a bit too much time to our journey from the Vaucluse (84110 Vaison La Romaine). I have made it a couple of times in 12 hours from there to Marlow near High Wycombe, although I typically allow 14 including rest stops. However getting from motorway to ferry and back to motorway through Dover or Calais/Boulogne, plus the longer loading and unloading and the slower transit for any of the ferries, just adds a bit too much unfortunately"

Yep thinking along the same lines. Our french house is in Saonne et Loire (71) and like you it takes us around 12-14 hours to get back here to Bicester. On both occasions we have used Speedferries the return has been delayed and while the rest from driving is appreciated the tuunel is just so much more reliable and quick even if it seems run by Blackbeard himself!!

We travelled back to France from the UK on 18th September. All was back to normal - thougna very bumpy crossing!

We will continue to use Speedferries, unless the tunnel comes up with something to compete. We live in France now and no longer make five crossings a year (and in any case have no UK address).

We stayed the night in Boulogne on the way to the UK - still cheaper than going via the tunnel on a normal fare.

Hereford