Rochefort Aeroport

chouan

It's early days I know since Ryanair flights to La Rochelle were diverted to Rochefort, but are there any members able to offer advice on Rochefort's facilities, and particularly its parking arrangements, both short-term/pick-up and longer term durations?

Any information will be warmly received as I pick up visitors next week, and will need to park long term next month.

chouan

While I haven't actually used the airport myself, I did go for a quick look the other day as I live in Rochefort. It's a very small airport (airfield), and there is what basically could be called a field for parking. Some kind of work was going on, possibly laying tarmac for a parking area.

Steve

English friends of ours went to Rochefort Airport last Sunday to see what was what as a family member is flying from there next week.  They told me that it is all very well organised with a proper tarmaced parking area.  Unfortunately I didn't ask for any further details but when I speak to them next I will try to find out more.

Sue

Well, we've flown from and back into Rochefort, arrived back yesterday afternoon. The airport is tiny, but fine. We left our car there for 8 days, parking free, no problems at all. There is a bar, but not sure if it does food (we'd brought our own as we have young kids and can't risk that sort of thing).

Coming back was fine too, although the luggage carousel is hilarious. There is a hertz hire car portacabin right outside, and in the car park there are spaces allocated to taxis, so I guess they're there too.

Anyway, hope that helps...