Ryanair and Easyjet news items

Hi

Just a couple of short pieces I put together for my site that may be of interest to people:

Link up to Dinard

RYANAIR is to start a summer service between Stansted and Dinard in the west of France.

From March 18, the low cost airline will commence a daily flight from Stansted to Dinard in Brittany to complement their existing service from Luton.

In August last year Ryanair said they would be ending flights between Stansted and Dinard, and replacing it with a service from Luton.

Now Ryanair has said that their decision to once again run the service between the south east and Brittany was due to the popularity of the route.

Peter Sherrard, Ryanair’s head of communications said: “Dinard is a hugely popular Ryanair destination and now people will be able to get there this summer from both Luton and Stansted.”

Flights are priced at £4.99, one way excluding taxes.

Easyjet seek passenger views

EASYJET are looking for input on new routes they should consider from EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg in the east of France.

The low cost airline has said the airport will be its next major airport base and has signed a long-term deal that will mean low fares for travellers to the region.

easyJet is in the process of negotiating a number of new routes from the airport, but is also inviting consumers to suggest where, within Europe, they would like to travel and why.

You can post your suggestions via email:

[email protected]

or [email protected]

Those whose recommendations match the destinations chosen by easyJet will enter a draw of 1,000 free tickets to fly on the new routes during the summer.

The company already operates from EuroAirport to Berlin Schoenefeld, Liverpool, Luton and Stansted and expects 1.5 million passengers will use the airport in the coming 12 months.

This number will rise significantly during 2006, as it is likely that easyJet will add more aircraft next year.

All the best

Craig

http://www.thisfrenchlife.com/

Since Easyjet started flying to our local airport a year ago I've found that BA have become very competitive. Their prices are barely higher, especially if one takes into account that Easyjet charge extra for credit card purchases. Sometimes I've even seen BA flights work out cheaper than Easyjet.

If one also takes into account the much better choice of flight times, the free onboard newspapers and refreshments, not to mention the better service in case of delays, baggage loss, late arrival at check-in etc., I don't find it hard to chose. I also wonder about the standard of aircraft maintenance on budget airlines. Some of those who work for the budget airlines seem to have their doubts also.

So I thank RyanAir and Easyjet for introducing competition but will stick with BA for my flights for the time being.