Car sharing to France found fabulous site

Hi

I have found a great site for car sharing to France which is brilliant for me as I often go accross to my mothers place but not as much as I would like as the ferry crossings are so expensive.

From what I can see from signing up is that you can either look for a lift to France or if you have room in your car you can offer to take someone else in yours and share costs.

It's www.franceconnections.co.uk

Hope it's of some use to someone and who knows, you might be giving me a lift

This is spam from Starfish.

The site is a subscription site asking GBP 8.95 to see potential car sharers.

It has a Google page rank of zero, and is referred to by only 30 other sites. Zero pages link to this site.

Perhaps a more honest ad appears on this website : http://www.ureader.co.uk/message/910295.aspx 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps the new way to think about crossing the channel   

I'd like to bring your attention to the newly launched website www.franceconnections.co.uk 
which will help many people save money on crossing the channel. It features a powerful 
relational database matching routes dates space in vehicles etc and covers complex combinations 
of exact and close matches.By bringing people together to share journeys in particular regular 
travellers it will provide the opportunity to make to make really significant savings.Membership, 
posting journey details and matching on the database are free. Members only need to pay a modest
12 months subscription after they have already made a match (and have potentially already saved 
much more) and wish to contact another member.Various enhancements are planned including 
a French version and the proprietors intend that in time it will be first choice for many people
planning a trip in either direction across the channel. Incidentally it also covers the channel route.
David Stewart

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Better to advertise free on LF ?

Peter

Sorry I have lost the plot here?

For one this is not a spam post.  I found the site and thought it might be useful for people.  I haven't paid to subscribe.  Neither am I connected to this site in anyway

I found the site on another travel forum - I had no idea I was doing anything untoward by posting it here.

Please feel free to remove my post.

Sharon

this one is NOT a spam and it is 100% free:

This is a free service we offer to all residents/home-owners/visitors in
the  Riberac/Aubeterre/Verteillac/Brantome area (24 - NW Dordogne):

do you need a lift to/from Bergerac or Bordeaux airport, or Angouleme train station?
 are you going to or coming from Bergerac or Bordeaux airport, or  Angouleme train station with a empty car and can offer someone a lift?

the same concept also applies to trips to/from the UK

email me at
[email protected] or call me on 0553902672 and we will add
 your  details and travel information on this internet online page for free:

http://chauffour24.free.fr/share

(without the www.)

Instead, I think it is an encomiable initiative. It looks very much like being on the same lines as the french website Allostop which I understand  has been successfully working for a number of years.

If - I say "if" becuase I still hope someone will turn up to save us all - Portsmouth/LeHavre  terminates in September and if none of the cheap airlines re establish the routes to Caen and  Boose , sharing a car and the costs of petrol will represent an alternative way of travel to France for established house owners.

Brittany Ferries seem to have chosen to go on a suicidal journey, like  P&O did,  by charging the earth  for the past 2 years to travel to Caen,  often with a reduced service (like they have during the winter for example).

regards all.

Danglar

www.maison-rene.co.uk/maisonrene.htm